DIY Pet carpet stain remover
Dogs (and cats) may be a man’s best friend but they’re certainly not a carpet’s. If you’re owned by a dog or cat you will most certainly have encountered the odd suspicious-smelling puddle behind the couch, or a brown stain accidently tramped in from outside.
These little incidents occur more frequently when our pets are both very young and very old – but can also happen in between for many reasons including illness, territorial feelings and anxiety. Fortunately it is possible to enjoy and indoors pet and fresh upholstery. Here’s a great stain remover you can make up at home.
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 capful, or around 30 drops of eucalyptus oil
How to mix & use:
Mix all the ingredients together in a spray bottle. Follow the instructions below to use.
- Get to stains quickly.
For wet stains, blot with paper towel, or remove as much solid matter as possible.
- Spray with your pet stain remover. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then blot with a soft cloth (TIP: as an added advantage, cats hate the smell of eucalyptus oil and it will deter them from soiling that area again.). Allow to dry.
More pet tips with eucalyptus!
Eucalyptus really is a pet-owner’s saviour. Try these tips…
- Keep it fresh: Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Spray is a natural disinfectant and deodoriser, killing 99.99 percent of germs to remove odours at their source. It’s a perfect deodoriser for where your dog sleeps or toilets, as well as family living areas, mattresses and couches. Unlike commercial air fresheners there’s no artificial fragrances which can irritate pet’s (and humans’s!) sensitive noses.
- Walkies: If you use a scooper or container to collect your dog’s droppings on walks, use Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Spray to disinfect and deodorise it.
- Bath odour busting: Spray the laundry to get rid of that ‘wet dog’ odour after baths.
- Cat-deterrent: Spray Bosisto’s Eucalyptus on car tyres to prevent neighbours’ cats marking their “territory”.
- Pet bedding: Add 1-2 capfuls of Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Oil to your wash to help freshen, deodorise and remove fleas from pet bedding. If dust mites are a problem (many pets are allergic to them), you can try laundering in Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Dust Mite Wash, a specialty laundry wash that kills 99.99% dust mites and removes their allergens from fabrics, naturally.