Vicks VapoSteam Inhalant
- The refreshing fragrance of eucalyptus & peppermint for use in steam inhalation
- Soothes and comforts for all night relief
- A unique formula that can be added into the vaporizer cup or directly into the water
- Dissolves in water makes it safer to use in a vaporizer and avoid 'finger dipping'
- Gentle, strong, long lasting vapours
- Trusted Vicks brand name
2 or more - Save 20%
Vicks VapoSteam provides the refreshing fragrance of eucalyptus and peppermint for use in steam. The soothing vapours penetrate nasal and throat passages quickly and safely to gently soothe and comfort. This unique formulation can be added to the vaporizer cup or directly to the water of the Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer. For other units please consult manufacturer's written instructions.
Respiratory benefits of Steam
- Moisturises dry, irritated nasal and throat passages making them more comfortable
- Alleviates soreness and inflammation of the throat
- Liquefies mucous secretions, resulting in clearer secretions that are easier to expel by coughing or blowing the nose
- Relaxes throat muscles, reducing the cough reflex
- Dilates blood vessels, encouraging better blood flow and overall circulation
Ways to Use Steam Therapy
- Traditional: Boil a few cups of water then pour the steaming water into a large bowl. Place gently on a firm flat surface, such as a kitchen table. Put a towel over your head to form a ‘tent’. Lean over with your face 15-20cm from the steam and inhale.
- Shower: Run a hot shower and inhale the steam – you can even use essential oils to help refresh and revitalise.
- Personal inhalers: Personal hand-held vapour inhalers (link) are an easy and portable way to enjoy steam therapy on the go. A great idea for the office or holidays, they are also popular with public speakers, actors and singers to help open up the airways before performance.
- Steam Vaporisers: Steam Vaporisers are plug-in electrical units which produce a steady flow of warm, humidified air to help ease cold symptoms. Very useful in the bedroom overnight, they can also be helpful during the day to raise humidity to healthy levels, particularly in winter to combat the drying effect of central air-conditioning (link to other steam therapy post)
In vaporiser water: Pour 10mL (approx. 2.5 capfuls) of Vicks VapoSteam into vaporiser before filling with water. Fill the vaporiser with water to the level indicated. After use, empty out any remaining water and VapoSteam and use fresh water and VapoSteam each time the vaporiser is used.
In a personal inhaler: use 2.5mL (1/2 teaspoon) for each litre of water and use as per manufacturer’s instructions
In a bowl of hot water: use 2.5mL (1/2 teaspoon) for each litre of water. Pour into a bowl of steaming hot water and, placing a towel over your head, inhale the vapours. Place bowl on a stable surface.
Each mL of Vicks VapoSteam contains:
Oil of Wintergreen
In a slow release glycol base.
For use with steam vaporisers only. Do not use in ultrasonic humidifiers. Do not take by mouth. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed accidentally seek medical advice – may act as a mild cathartic.